“If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, don't show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do.” - Henry Rollins

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A few weeks ago I went to a trivia night at a local tavern, and all the teams chose their own names. One team was named the Gaza Strippers, and another Fuck the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority). I thought of that today, when after work I hung out at 1 Financial, Rachel's 'Buck, killing time because the outbound Red line was experiencing technical difficulties. I spoke at length to a woman named Cory, who is a 'Buck partner in New Hampshire. I asked her to guess how long I had been a partner, after we discussed coffees and drink recipes, and she said "At least 2 years." Try two months.

When Rachel clocked out we went to the Braintree/Ashmont platform, which was insanely crowded, and we kept each other from having bad anxiety attacks while waiting interminably for the next outbound train to JFK/UMass. When we got home we both raided the fridge I crashed on the couch. I didn't wake up until 11pm. Rachel and Jay went to some barbecue. I would have gone, but I was exhausted.

Tomorrow I'll probably go watch the fireworks at the Charles River.

No comments: