“If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, don't show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do.” - Henry Rollins

Friday, July 6, 2007

July 4th, 5th and 6th

On the fourth I considered going to the Charles river and watching the fireworks, or seeing the Boston pops. I did neither of these. Instead I called relatives and caught up with their lives. My father informed me that my Aunt Cathy, who has been struggling with cancer for the past few years, has decided to forgo chemo in favor of spending her remaining few months relatively pain free and doing what she loves. This made me depressed all day, and I was unable to sleep.

Which brings us to the fifth. I stayed up all night and was exhausted when 5am rolled around I headed to work. I kept up an internal dialouge, reminding myself throughout the day not to expend too much energy, for fear of passing out. I requested not to be on register too much, and my shift obliged. Event though I was going easy, I still busted ass, and later in the day I goofed off with my manager, which was refreshing because I really like her, and I enjoy 'bonding'. I also love it when she teases me about being a 'terrible worker', 'can't stand her' etc, which is often. When I got home at 1pm I passed out and slept until 7pm. I got up, went to the store, dicked around online and went back to sleep at 11 or so. I slept until 1pm. I was so friggin tired.

Today, after waking up at 1pm, I went to the bank. I stopped at a Buck on my way home, the store near Mass. General and bought an iced chai. There were two transplant surgeons getting drinks there and one of them asked for two large cups of ice. I laughed out loud and hard, and said "You do realize how hilarious it is that you just ordered ice." They laughed with me and then I left for the train station.

Now I am going to head to the store, grab some grub and then watch Superman Returns, followed by Batman Begins.

I live as few men dare to dream.

No comments: