“If you hate your parents, the man or the establishment, don't show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do.” - Henry Rollins

Monday, July 2, 2007

Went to the fed building, after that I cut through the common. On my way a gent in his fifties, apropos of nothing, started ranting to me about the homeless people who camp in the common. He digressed into a diatribe about welfare, taxes, why single mothers are whores, why everyone needs religion (i.e. Christ) and why gays are deviant and evil.

I told him "You can have a strong moral core and not be religious, and you can be 'religious' and have no moral code. I work my ass off, I got to church, I pay my taxes, I'm a registered republican, and I've been gay my entire life."

I ditched the gent near Downtown Crossing and headed to Congress st. I hung out with Jay, Daniel, Aaron and Phil for half and hour, then went to work. After work I walked to the public gardens to watch the sun set. The sky was amazing, tumultuous. On one side it was bright blues and brilliant whites, and on the other it was rolling mass of grey-blue hues highlighted by the red-shifting sun. The Boston sky reminds me of the Portland sky, reminds, me of the Palm Springs sky, reminds me of the Alaskan sky. All sky can seem the same, it's the surroundings that distinguish it. The sun reflecting gold off the forest, or the forest of buildings.

I went home and made dinner. I've been eating two Clif bars, a box of macaroni and a vitamin everyday. Also hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

I insistently relayed my daily anecdotes to Jay and Rachel's patient ears.

1 comment:

Me said...

You can have a strong moral core and not be religious, and you can be 'religious' and have no moral code.

So very well put.